We help churches and nonprofits
measure needs of the people they serve,
set strategies to meet those needs, and
assess the impact of their work in service, evangelism, and outreach.
Doing Well at Doing Good
Presentation Made by Professor Michael E.
Porter at Willow Creek Leadership Summit, August 2007
Examples of Doing Good
The Right Mindset
Do You Have a Strategy?
Define Appropriate Goals
Choose Where to Serve
What services to provide
Choose How to Serve
A clear strategy for each service area
1. Define Clear Goals
2. Choose a Sustainable Solution Model
3. Understand the Value Chain
4. Combine Operational Effectiveness and Strategy
5. Define a Clear Value Proposition
6. Create a Distinctive Value Chain
7. Make Clear Tradeoffs
Barriers to Strategy
The Role of Leaders in Strategy
• Popular appeal
• Number of visits
• Repeat visits
• Types of visitors (sophistication, age, etc.)
• Time spent per visit
• Spending per visit
• Whom to educate
- As many people as possible
• Means of education
• Level of interactivity
• Amount and sophistication of information provided
• Extent of ancillary services
• Original vs. applied
• Scholarly vs. popular
• Conferences vs. publications
Copyright 2007 © Professor Michael E. Porter.
Used by Permission.